Sunday, July 13, 2014

Self-Esteem by Alli

Alli Bree is full of wisdom, she looks at things plainly, and she's brutally honest.  Case in point, this Friday night heading to our neighborhood pool:

Alli:  "Mom, why don't you ever wear this swimsuit with the fringe?"

Me:  "Oh, I don't know.  I'm saving it for the beach," thinking to myself that it's a little Spring Break 2002 for the neighborhood pool.  Plus I didn't consider how much Riley would like to pull on the fringe.

Alli:  "Well if you aren't going to wear it, can I?  I really like it!"  She puts it on.

Me:  "Oh, I don't know, Alli.  I don't think it fits you."  I'm trying to ignore her shimmying to make the fringe swing.

Alli:  "Oh it fits, Mom.  It fits perfectly.  Well the top fits perfect.  The bottoms are pretty big."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!