Saturday, October 4, 2014

Disney Vacation Day 3: Hollywood Studios

I don't need to tell you why I was so excited about heading to Hollywood Studios, but here's a reminder:


Um, there's only a roller coaster featuring the bad boys of Boston!  And as a tremendous Aerosmith fan...um, I love it.


I'm probably the most annoying person in line because I sing the songs and dance the entire time.  And then I scream when they show Steven Tyler in the pre-ride video.  And then I sing along with the music that plays with the ride.  But I so don't care.  When we rode the Rockin' Roller Coaster for the first time, Alli and I got front row seats (not shown in the picture above).  I told Alli it was because I was with the band...


But our day didn't start with the Rockin' Roller Coaster - it started with using the 8AM Extra Magic Hour to get in line to sign Alli up for the Jedi Training Academy later that day.  They only take 12 kids per show so it fills up really quickly.  We were successful, and then we ran to Toy Story Mania because we couldn't get a Fast Pass for it and we knew it would fill up quickly.  It was a great ride really similar to Buzz Lightyear in Magic Kingdom, but newer.  We also ran into some friends in the Pixar section.



After that it was the Rockin' Roller Coaster followed by the Tower of Terror.


Then we went to a few other attractions like the Star Tours motion simulator and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.  We also happened upon Lightning McQueen and Mater.



We ate dinner at the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater, and then we hit up a few more rides and shows including The Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones.  Then it was time for Alli to train to become a Jedi.  She was presented with a robe and a practice lightsaber and did some training with a Jedi Master on stage.





It was all fun and games until training was interrupted...


Fortunately Alli's training paid off and she and her fellow trainees dueled Darth Vader until he fled.




Once Alli graduated from the Jedi Training Academy, we went to Tatooine to build a light saber and then we went on the Muppets 3D ride, met Phineas and Ferb, and did a second (or third) round of the Star Tours, Rockin' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror rides.


And so concludes yet another magical day in Walt Disney World!  Alli's favorite ride and park changes with each new park we go to, but I am happy to report the Rockin' Roller Coaster is tied with Expedition Everest for now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!