Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Best Lunch Ever

Today was Alli's annual doctor's visit.  We haven't had to go to the doctor a lot lately (knock on wood!), so I scheduled her annual check-up just to make sure everything was going well.  I scheduled it for 10:30AM, knowing that would mean I could take her to get some lunch afterwards, which I try to do any time we have an appointment.  I get to hear all the time from her about how other mommys come eat lunch with their kids, so the few times a year I am in Fayetteville around lunch time, I try to make sure we spend it together.  Darn you, stay at home moms.  Thanks for adding to my guilt.

She's always really worried about time, so when I told her I would pick her up at 10:15 and I showed up at 10:17, I heard about it.  Then she jabbered the whole way to the doctor's office about her day and the upcoming weekend.  Like seriously.  I couldn't hear myself think.  I missed the turn into the entrance of the office because she was yakking in my ear.  Where does this kid get it?!?!

So anyway, in we went.  First they measured her - she's 4'1" - and then they took her weight (48 lbs).  After than was blood pressure, some general questions, and then we waited for her doctor.  I really love her pediatrician.  Several years ago when I was afraid Alli was having trouble talking (ah, those were the days...), he came highly recommended from a friend of my mom's who works at Children's Hospital.

Dr. Ball came in, read her measurements, and told me she was in the 50th percentile on her height.  I couldn't believe it!  She's always been taller than most kids her age, but I guess the world is catching up to her.  I should have known something was up when she went from the back row of her kindergarten picture to the second row of her first grade picture.  I went from the back row of my kindergarten picture to the front row of my first grade picture, but I was really hopeful she would get Ryan's height.  Looks like she's doomed.

She was in the 25th percentile on her weight, and he said she was skinny, but not too skinny.  Trust me, I can tell by how I can't get any clothes to fit her.  I have to tell you, every time we go and I hear she's skinny, it's kind of a relief.  This baby was in the 98th percentile on her weight when she was three months old.  We had a chunk on our hands.

Alli got a great report from the doctor, and then we headed to McDonald's.  Her choice, of course.  She got her usual, I opted for Chicken Selects (which I don't recommend), and we went and sat in the play place.  After she ate her food, opened her toy (the Victorious microphone she's been wanting!! SCORE!!), and played on the play place for ten minutes, she asked if we could grab a cookie on the way out.  Of course we did, and when we got in the car, she proclaimed this "The Best Lunch Ever."

In your face, stay at home mom.

Disclaimer - I have lots of friends who are SAHMs, and I respect what they do.  It's pure jealousy and guilt.  I have a lot of that to go around, and I write all of this in fun.  Mostly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!