Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Recap

Remember last week when I suggested we get a little weekend recap every week so that I could prove to myself that I did something?  Guess what.  One week in, and I already have nothing to blog about!  This was the laziest weekend we Lowes have had in a long while, and for someone who typically likes to go go go, I enjoyed. every. minute.  I'll try to make the weekend sound interesting, but no promises.

Friday night Alli went to her first away from home sleepover.  She didn't go far - just next door - but she had a wonderful time.  Ryan and I had planned to have a quiet night at home, but we ended up going to dinner and the baseball game with some friends.  I am so glad we didn't stay in!  The Hogs won it in the 9th inning, and I got to have some margaritas at La Hacienda.  What better way to spend a Friday night?!

Yesterday we went to see a house at 10AM.  I don't think I've discussed it on here, but we're looking to make a move to downtown Fayetteville in the historic district.  I'm dying for an old house to work on and to be close to everything Ryan and I love, but it's a really sought after area, and our price point is pretty competitive down there.  The house was definitely in the perfect location, but it needed a lot of work and wasn't exactly what we were looking for.  We've been looking on and off for a year or so, so I don't mind being painfully patient.  Afterwards we drove around downtown some more, and then went to Masons to get a gift for a friend's daughter who is graduating high school.  We got her the cutest neon Hog tanks, which I fell in love with and may or may not have stood by and stared at longingly.  After that, we grabbed lunch at US Pizza, where my sister works, and then we headed home.  

Now begins my marathon napping session.  I am in NO WAY a napper, but I needed to lay in bed yesterday.  I slept for a while, goofed on my phone, read The Help (which I am SO addicted to right now), and just lazed.  In the mean time, Ryan and Alli did a little shopping, and they came in the room with this:



Oh yes, a cheetah box from Masons.  And inside:


Aren't they the best?  The neon Hog tank I was eyeing, some awesome Sam Edelman sandals, and a big floppy hat.  Guess who has the beach on the brain?
This girl.  [Thanks for the photo bomb, Alli.]
Then Ryan grilled steaks (yummm), and we watched War Horse after Alli went to bed.


Today started off with a long phone call with my mom, a little hooky from church (whoops), and a walk down to the basketball court by our house.  Alli rode her bike without training wheels and I walked the boys.  She and Ryan played frisbee, and I let the boys explore the middle school grounds.

After that, we went to the barn where Alli had a great lesson on Tater Tot and I had a good lesson on a little Arab pony named Hanky Panky.  Then we drove around downtown some more (we do this a lot), and came home.  I napped for 2 hours (what is wrong with me?!!?), and then I got up to do a little housework while Ryan and Alli went to grocery shop and pick up dinner.  I chose takeout from Bonefish...nom nom.  I can't wait.

Aren't they the cutest?!?  

I hope all my mommy friends are having a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!