Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

I know I usually do an amazing job of taking pictures for the blog, but for some reason, this weekend I was so excited to spend time with my family, I didn't even take any!  So bad.  But I can give you a quick recap of the wonderful weekend we Lowes had.

Friday night Alli spent the night with the neighbors, and Ryan and I went for a quick dinner at Grub's.  Are you seeing a trend?  We get so addicted to the same restaurants!  All I've been in the mood for lately is a big juicy burger, and few do it better than Grub's.  After that, my mom, dad, brother, and grandmother arrived at our house.

The next day, we watched Ryan in his summer league ultimate frisbee final (they lost both games, sadly) and then went to do a little tailgate shopping.  It's almost that time, so we have to start stocking up.  New this year:  a triple crock pot and a new fan.  More to come, I'm sure.

We ate dinner that night at another restaurant off the Square that Ryan and I have been frequenting called Cafe Fresco.  It's locally owned and almost everything is made with fresh and organic ingredients.  I absolutely love the Center Street flatbread pizza.  We also grabbed some cupcakes from Bliss.  Overwhelmingly delicious!!

We spent that night playing Uno a lot - Alli happens to be very good (and very sassy) at it, so it's pretty fun unless you're on the side of her that falls victim to her skips, draw twos, and wild draw fours.  Later Ryan went that night with John to see The Dark Knight Rises, and Alli and I snuggled into bed.

A word of advice:  if your kid never sleeps with you, don't think it's a good idea for one night.  I got terrible sleep Saturday night, and I don't think I ever recovered on Sunday.  Mom, Nini, Lindsey and I got up early and headed to Common Grounds for breakfast, then we all did a little more tailgate shopping (the boys are obsessed...).

After that, the family hit the road, and we Lowes cleaned up around the house and headed to the barn for our first riding lessons in over a month.  Alli and Sprinkles went first and had a great lesson back.  Susan (our instructor) kept commenting how big Alli had gotten and how much better she sat on Sprinkles.  Then it was my turn - I felt a little sloppy and like I was having trouble with my distances, but Susan said Freedom and I looked good.  I hope next week is a little better for me, but any time at the barn is time well spent in my book!!

I'm going to try to catch up a little more on the sleep Alli stole from me by sleeping sideways in my bed.  Good night!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!