Monday, September 10, 2012

Movin' On Up

I've been keeping a secret from y'all.  I'm so sorry to have had to do it, but I'm so superstitious and I didn't want to get my own hopes up along with yours before it happened.  But we have a new Chateau de Lowe!!!

That's right, friends.  We rented our sweet little bungalow (I'm really making that house sound nice, aren't I?) and moved up the road to a bigger new construction in Alli's school district.  I know many of you are scratching your heads right now and wondering how on earth Ryan talked me out of a 1920s charmer off Dickson Street, but he really had nothing to do with it.

Something fabulous about Ryan is that he really does just want me to be happy, so if an old, tiny house that needed a ton of work would make me happy, he was willing to do it.  But after a lot of thinking, praying, and some tears, I decided the best thing for our marriage, our family, and our future was to put the old home reno on hold in favor of something bigger than our current home, still in Alli's school district, and that only needs my decorating imagination.

We've seen a lot of houses over the past year, so once we decided where we wanted to be, everything moved really quickly.  My stipulations were newer, lots of storage, Alli's same school, big yard & outdoor living area, pet area, and neighborhood amenities (I could list a thousand more, but those were the big ones).  Ryan's were outdoor living area, neighborhood amenities, pantry, plenty of space inside, and a bonus room.  We were lucky enough to find a house that meets all of the criteria plus some.  Seriously kids, I have a pool down the street AND a place for the litter box that's not in a single bedroom.  How happy am I??  You'll be getting lots of updates on it as we settle in, but here's a few pictures from the day we closed to hold you over:

Ryan outside the huge iron door - it's so heavy!
Ryan unlocking the door right after closing - he carried me across the threshold!
The best in the business delivering our fridge
So we closed the Thursday before Labor Day, and my fantastic parents and grandmother helped us move all weekend.  We only paused to attend the Razorback game on Saturday.  We are actually mostly unpacked, and I can't wait to share my plans with you!  I have another blank slate to start over with, and I could not be happier about it.  We have a long way to go, but I'm really excited about what the future holds for our family in a new abode.

Home Sweet Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!