Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Riley {Five Month Update}

It's that time again!  Can you believe another month has gone by?  Our precious Riley Roo has been with us five months, and what a wonderful blessed time it's been.  This little ma'am is showing her personality more and more every day.


Key words to describe Riley this month:
  • Cheerful.  Her laughs are easy to come by, and she's getting better at entertaining herself.  She's mostly a happy little girl who smiles, coos, and chuckles at everyone.  She laughs the hardest at Alli, but she's given Cash a giggle or two also.  Apparently his sneezing and sniffing are hilarious.
  • Growing.  This goes without saying, but our little lady is growing by leaps and bounds.  She had a doctor appointment last week, and she's in the 60th percentile for weight, 35th in height, and 25th in head circumference.  She's barely squeezing into her 3-6 month clothes these days, and I mostly keep her in 6-12 months.  I can't keep up!!
  • Grabby.  If it's within her grasp, it's hers.  That goes for cell phones, cups, earrings, hair, and the door jamb as I walk into her room.  She really like to grab and chew on her blankets.  I could barely feed her rice cereal the other day for her grabbing the spoon as it came to her mouth.

Riley still loves a good bath.  She gets really wild sometimes and kicks hard and screams a little bit.  Alli was one of the bounciest babies, and Ryan and I commented recently that Riley wasn't.  She's been working on proving us wrong ever since.  

We tried solid foods for the first time on Sunday night.  We were at my mom's house on our way back from a family wedding in New Orleans, and the doctor had just given us the go ahead to try it.  I got single grain organic rice cereal and mixed in a little breast milk.  She actually ate it pretty well.  We went for a repeat performance the next night with big sister holding the spoon.  I think Riley's face says it all.


I am going to work this weekend on making her baby food.  I bought a few storage containers to help me freeze it, and I am planning on getting a book with recipes.  Maybe that will go over better than rice cereal.


She sleeping well, and we've even tried her sleeping alone in her room a few nights.  I get a little panicky about it, and I still want her sleeping with us up until she's six months old at least.  But she's done really well in her room and is only getting up once at night.  She's back to loving her Wubbanubbs, so that helps night time go a little better.

Riley is such a joy to our entire family.  I've also heard repeatedly that she resembles a Cabbage Patch doll.  I cannot believe she's about to experience her first Thanksgiving and Christmas!  I still think she favors her Diddy in the looks department.  Happy five months, Riley Rachelle!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!