Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Big Easy

We had a major family event this past weekend - my cousin Brooke got married to her fiancee Keith.  Of course I love Brooke, and Keith is an awesome guy.  I mean he's an engineer - what's not to like?  So we packed up the girls and headed to the Crescent City for the festivities.

Ryan, the girls and I stopped in Little Rock Thursday to pick up my dad, and we made in to NOLA around lunch time on Friday.  We went to lunch at a place called The Coffee Pot and then got ready for the wedding.  The wedding was held at the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum.  It was a beautiful venue with a cool indoor bar atmosphere and a great outdoor area.  Pause for a second and bask with me on how gorgeous my girls are.  And my hubs.



 Brooke and Keith had some street musicians perform at the ceremony, and Riley was seriously enamored with them.  Thank goodness they were passing out CDs.


 After the wedding, we did a second line to celebrate.  We marched behind a brass band and waved handkerchiefs.  I wish I had a picture of Alli - she had a blast!  Afterwards my sister watched the girls so that Ryan and I could hit up Bourbon.  I of course had to seek out the real reason people wander Bourbon.


 Horses and hurricanes.  Hurricanes and horses.  Both make me a happy girl.  Congratulations to Brooke and Keith - I am so happy for both of you and I wish you a lifetime of love, bliss, and beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!