Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

So I haven't had a chance yet to update on our Valentine's Day this year.  I don't keep much of a secret of the fact that I love Valentine's Day - candy?  Good.  Hearts?  Good.  Pink and red?  GOOOOD.

We made and decorated some delicious heart-shaped cookies the week before.



We stuffed goodie bags for Alli's class with 3D Ninja Turtle valentines, erasers, candy, and pens.  It wasn't Pinterest-mom worthy, but maybe it was a little above and beyond.  The, Thursday before Valentine's, Ryan surprised me with a new Calphalon sauce pot with a strainer lid.  With all of the baby food and home cooking we've been doing, it was a much-appreciated gesture.

In use making pears for Riley Roo
I got up on Friday morning and made pink heart shaped pancakes for Alli.  She still can't figure out how I got them to be pink.  Mom magic.




The girls each got candy and stuffed bears.  Riley got a Fisher Price doctors kit and Alli got a Rainbow Loom.  Ryan got new Razorback sweats and a running shirt.  And I got a dozen roses, gum and Reese's - lucky me!!



Plus Alli made me this super sweet ring on her Rainbow Loom.


Later that day, we had Alli's class Valentine's party.  We decorated cookies, played bingo, and the kids passed out Valentines.  Much lower key than the Minute to Win It Christmas party, but fun nonetheless.





That night, we had a romantic evening in a low-lit restaurant.  And by that I mean we went to Alli's dance in the cafeteria.  It was a wonderful day filled with pink and hearts and love shared with my favorite people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!