Monday, November 10, 2014

Destin In Pictures

Apparently I took some time off from blogging this fall and summer and I completely didn't give you the day by day account of Destin!  We went the third week of July this year which is about two weeks later than usual.  I thought I was going to die of anticipation, but turns out I made it.  The Destin trip is really the highlight of the summer and going two weeks later prolonged the season in a good way.

We made an overnight stop in Ruston to see our family and these two got along famously.


The next morning we were beach bound early, and I snapped a picture of one of my favorite sights on the trip:


Alli always rides with her Tata and Diddy, so I love getting pictures of her from the road.


When we finally arrived, everyone ran out to the ocean.



We spent our mornings trying to spot dolphins off the balcony and drinking coffee.



We spent our days on the beach riding the waves, sunning, chatting, snoozing, and sipping.







We spent our evenings dining at our favorite spots, playing cards at the condo, and hanging out on the beach playing football and paddleball.








We found a sea turtle nest, rode on a pirate ship, and watched fireworks over the Destin Harbor.






 And then we took our Destin pictures using John Patrick's new tripod, camera, and remote.  It wasn't glitch-free...




But in the end, we perfected it and got some wonderful shots.
















I'm so grateful for fantastic memories with these wonderful people and I can't wait to go back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!