Monday, October 18, 2010

This may be hard to believe, but I can't do it all

I know I make this look easy.  Fabulous job, gorgeous family, healthy social life, amazing fashion, impeccable decorating...do I really need to go on?  But even the obviously perfect need a little assistance sometimes.

As I'm sure you've picked up, we have a little bit of a farm at Chateau Lowe.  Apparently, we love pets and we don't know when to say no (Read:  Apparently, Lauren loves pets and Ryan doesn't know when to say no.)  Unfortunately, we also are obsessed with keeping a super clean and highly organized house and we get frustrated when we can't attain a level of clean to our standards.  Frustrated as in cry, scream, and throw things.

So, after much discussion, debate, budgeting (ugh...another post), and just a smidge of arguing, we decided to get a professional house cleaner.

Johnna came highly recommended from our longtime hair stylist.  I think Ryan was sold when she revealed that she has an Italian Mastiff.  Joy.  First of all, we need someone who can come into the house with our two bigger dogs and not require us to take them to doggie daycare for a day.  A second of all, trust me.  We need the kind of woman in here who understands the mess these mastiff-y dogs can make.  No amount of slobber or hair can deter this chick.

Johnna came today to clean the entire house from top to bottom.  She cleaned light fixtures, blinds, showers, floors, moved furniture, dusted, unloaded the dishwasher, and washed and folded our clothes.  When we got home from Alli's dance class at 7:45 after working all day, something strange happened.  I realized I had absolutely nothing to do.  So now it's 9:30 and I think I'm going to go to bed happy and at peace.  Because the blinds, after 3 years, are finally really dusted.

I swear, I've already decided a home cleaning service is like a must-have monthly expense.  It's as important as electricity and gas.  Only slightly less important than cable and shoes.  What is better than a person coming twice a month with the sole intent of scrubbing your house from top to bottom?  It's like my own personal nirvana.

2 comments:

  1. Clean blinds..... I can't even imagine. The rest sounds great too.... but clean blinds. Wow.

    Maybe I can sweet talk Kyle in to this after I get back to work. Until then, we will live with our 3 years of dust on the blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! There are some things I don't mind doing myself, but after working 45 hours a week I don't like spending my Saturday scrubbing toliets. It's so worth it and you will continue to love it! Yay for help!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!