Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meet the Pets: The Cash Edition

It's that time again!  No, not time for your favorite self-loathing posts - it's Meet the Pets!!  Since you already know about Ginger and Lola, let's continue our chronological progression and introduce you to James Cash Lowe!

Cash trying to steal the leash
We acquired Cash on February 14, 2007.  At the time, he became our fifth (yes, fifth) pet.  We had two wonderful dogs who you will one day hear about named McGwire and Callie.  So Cash was dog #3 and pet #5 at Casa de Lowe when he came on board.

Let me tell you, for Cash and I, it was love at first sight.  Ryan surprised me and drove me to Bentonville (which seemed like a really long drive at the time).  We walked into a house where there were 3 adorable boxer puppies.  Cash promptly walked up to me and curled up in a ball to sleep on my feet.  He also happened to be the spitting image of one of the boxers I had growing up named Amos.  So we scooped him up and took home.  On the way, Ryan decided to name him Cash after his favorite singer Johnny Cash.  I was in charge of his registered name, which became Two Lowes Famous Walk the Line.  "Two Lowes Famous" is in reference to us and mirrors my parents when they named their boxer "Two Ways Famous James Amos."  And then "Walk the Line" for, of course, Johnny Cash's song by the same name.

He always has loved to curl up
Much like Lola, Cash is quite attached to me.  He follows me around the house, sleeps next to me all the time, and comes when I call him no matter who else is calling him/feeding him/snuggling with him.  I cannot help that animals naturally flock to me.  I'm like Ace Ventura or something.

Through his nearly four years in our home, Cash has aquired more nicknames than any other pet.  I'm not sure if "Cash" is easiest to play off of, or if we say his name more than any of the rest of them, but I'll do my best to list them for you and give you some frame of reference for them:
  1. Cash Bash (rhyme)
  2. Cashman the Trashman (because he used to, and still does sometimes, tear things up)
  3. CC  (for Cassius Clay, a boxer)
  4. CC Deville (developed from #3, guitarist for Poison)
  5. Cashtastic (sounds cool)
  6. James Cash (my boxer growing up was James Amos)
  7. JC (short for James Cash)
  8. JCC (James Cassius Clay)
  9. Cashie (because he's so cute)
  10. Cash Money (because that's how we paid for him)
  11. Cash Money Millionaire (because I'm that hood)
  12. Bubba (because he's Landry's big bubba)
  13. Cashtabular (I don't know)
I stopped.  I have more.  

Cash has been a great dog.  Unlike his brother, he is easy to shame.  He ducks his head and makes a sad face when he gets in trouble.  He also wiggles his body almost in half when we walk in the door because he's so excited to see us.  Ryan can even make him talk when he's all wiggly - it sounds like "a-roo-roo-roo."  I'm trying to get him to say "mama."

Cash is also a bit of an athlete.  When it's cool, he runs with us.  He's also an excellent jumper.  We call him our little reindeer.  And he hates being dressed up.

I will post this one and spare him the bumble bee picture
And there you have it.  Yet another Meet the Pets is drawing to a close.  Get excited - the final is coming up.  If you liked Lola and Cash, but loved Ginger...you're really going to love Landry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!