Monday, November 22, 2010

You know you're a grown-up when...

As I reported here, I am catching the Christmas bug early this year.  Can you believe I already have three trees up in my house?  Can you believe every Christmas item I own is out?  Can you believe Ryan lit the entire house???  It's November 22nd, people!  Give me a pat on the back!

I've decided the reason I did not like Christmas in the past is because I am always ill-prepared for it.  Alli's birthday is in early December, so I tend to spend the entire month scrambling (and busting our budget).  But I am hitting it early this year, and I could not be more in the holiday spirit (I still love you, Thanksgiving). 

Case in point:  This year I decided to send out Christmas cards.  This is huge.  We've been a family for nearly six years now and we've never ever sent out Christmas cards.  So don't worry, I wasn't snubbing you.  No one got them.  But I decided I HAD to send them out this year.  Alli is in kindergarten, for goodness sakes!  So we got the crew together, took a great picture, and then I started shopping cards.

I've always used Shutterfly for our picture needs.  They have great shipping, great quality, great prices, and great promotions!  I can always find free shipping or discounts on my prints.  So I decided to give them a whirl on holiday cards as well.  Let me tell you, chickens, I was BLOWN AWAY.  Their selection, varying styles, and great prices made me flip!!  Check them out here.

These are a few of my favorites:

Ornament Pop Art Card

Sunny Honey Card

Wonder Trees Noir

I mean seriously.  How much would your girl love to live in Florida and send people holiday cards with palm trees on them?  I cannot wait to order our cards and get them sent out.  I'm also ordering coordinating return address labels.  I don't think my little hand could take all of that writing.  The return address labels are just as adorable - get over to Shutterfly and check them out!

Hope everyone has safe travels and a happy Thanksgiving (still my personal favorite holiday, thankyouverymuch).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!