Sunday, November 7, 2010

No Hogs in Town = Weekend Warriors

Because the Razorbacks were in South Carolina playing the ol' ball coach this weekend (and our awesome Hogs won by a landslide, FYI), we had no guests and nowhere to be.  This is one of the 4 weekends I have off from the Piggies between Labor Day and Thanksgiving weekend.  You'll remember what happened on one of those weekend here.  And no, I never did get off the couch.  I decided to make this one count, so here's the rundown so far:

  1. Got my hair did.  Went a little darker for the fall and cut a few inches off.  Don't panic, I'm still blonde.  Just a "it's fall" blonde instead of "I just got off the beach" blonde.  I'll be back, beach blonde.
  2. Apologies for the fuzziness, pjs, and rabid dogs.  This is my life.
  3. Painted the hallway - a project that has been waiting for several months.  It's the final repainting I plan on doing for a while...although the kitchen is screaming for a new color.  Ryan might kill me though.  We decided to paint the hallway the same color as the new living room, Behr Surfer.
  4. Behr Surfer down the hallway.  Do not try to peek into the updated living room!!
  5. Had a few super exciting shopping trips/deliveries for the new living room.  It's really coming together!!  I can't wait to reveal it, but it still needs a few finishing touches.  So until I can, I'll let Lola give you a sneak peak (yes, she really is that gorgeous, no need to adjust your monitor):
  6. Gorgeous Lola lounging on her new nap spot - apple green Target ottomans for just $16 a piece!
  7. Updated a few pieces already in the living room that needed some tweaking, like painting this cute little (formerly black) table I scored at Hob Lob like, 2 years ago for $20.  It's now a punchy watermelon color, tying in with some other living room accents.
  8. Hot pink side table - get excited for the living room reveal in a few weeks!!
  9. Bought buckets of new ornaments and swag for our "done" Christmas tree.  Hostessing a Christmas bridal shower at my house in a few weeks has me rethinking all things Christmas around Lowe Land, and I've decided to have a decorated, non-childhood ornaments tree.  Here are the bags of goodies on my closet floor (Don't worry, they've already been moved.  I hate clutter.):
  10. YAYYY for Christmas swag!!
  11. Put away Halloween decorations and made the proper adjustments for my personal favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  Check out the decor on our side table in the "dining room" ("dining room" = breakfast nook off the kitchen since we don't have a formal dining room):

So that's the rundown of the weekend so far!  The house is also clean, no thanks to us - love you house cleaner!!  Left to do today: 
  • Take Alli to see MegaMind - we are so excited to see this animated movie with Will Ferrell
  • Pick up my niece and neph-dogs from Dog Party (awwww)
  • Drop by my FAVORITE craft store (and client) Jo-Ann's for a living room project
  • Swing to Home Depot for an awesome quick fix that is going to look amazing - deets later, if it works
  • Watch the Cowboys, if I can stomach it
Watch the ol' blogosphere for a master bedroom reveal tonight, assuming the Cowboys start getting tromped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!