Monday, February 7, 2011

Easy Breezy Master Bedroom Update

I have to confess, I've already redone a room I revealed.  I know you won't find it too surprising, but I wanted you to hear it from me first.  Remember the big master bedroom reveal here?  Well, by the time I got around to revealing that room, I was already malcontent with it.  So I set out to bring a little more Lauren to the room.

I think I fell into a little bit of a decor rut - green, blue, green, blue.  It's funny that neither of those is top on my list of favorite colors (hello, pink, purple, and teal), but somehow I find them so inspiring in home decor.  I always want to consider our master bedroom a haven and a place I love, so I set out for some tweaks.  Primarily in the bedding department.  We opted for a duvet cover and down insert rather than a bedspread, hoping that it would be easier to wash (and replace) given zoo-like conditions thanks to the four animals and one kindergartener that call Casa Lowe home.  So when bedding was 20% off at West Elm, I snagged this feather grey crinkled duvet (and the insert was from Overstock.com when they were having a deal too.  Yay for spam email!!).  I figured it would blend in our bedroom while bringing a slightly different (and more grounded) color into the room.  And of course, as usual, I was right.  Then the pale green accessories seemed out of place, so I did a little artful work with spray paint, grabbed some throw pillows, and voila!




You know I had to squeeze Ryno the Rhino in there somewhere.  Love him.  That pale blue wall paint shows up so bold in the pictures, but I promise it's soft.  Like a whisper.

Hmm, eying that bed picture has me wondering what's missing?  Do I need to dress up that end table a little more?  I promise in real life it doesn't feel like there's room.

So there you have it.  This wasn't the cheapest makeover in the world, thanks to the new bedding, but I feel like the grey is a good base for the next time I get a wild hair and want to update the accessories.  I'm trying to work a can of purple in here somewhere...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!