Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday: Guest Bathroom Reveal

What a week!!  Alli went to school one day last week and we were snowed in under less than an inch of ice and eventually 6"+ of snow.  I love a snow day (or two!) like the next girl, but 4 got to me.  Got to me so much I did several projects - and now I'm about to reveal one to you!

But first, obligatory photo of the casa in the snow.  I took this Friday night after our last snowfall for the week (more predicted tonight.  Can't wait.  Sarcasm.).


Pretty, huh?  It's nice to look at, but trust me, I'm sick of it.  On to the project!

Remember the master bath makeover?  (Why wouldn't you, it was my last post.  But if you need a refresher, scroll down.)  We decided to give Alli's bathroom the same treatment.  Previously it was a dark grey with purple undertones called Mountain Ridge by Behr.  Here's a pic I rustled up for you.


 You can see the boring builder-grade cabinets in that picture as well.  Cue makeover photos.


Here's the updated cabinets with the same paint color and hardware as the master bath.  I absolutely love this simple, inexpensive upgrade for both bathrooms.  Yes, that $80 kit lasted us across two bathrooms and there's still plenty left.  And it was stupidly easy to do. If you need a refresher on the process, get it here.


This picture has a good shot of the wall color - it's actually a shade darker than our master bathroom, but definitely in the same family - it's called Cricket in the Behr Ultra collection.  Wowza - how open and airy does this bathroom feel now??  I really loved Mountain Ridge, but this rather narrow bathroom with a lone skinny window above the shower doesn't exactly get a ton of light.  Now it feels twice as big!  The shower curtain is the same one as in our master bath, and I hung it right by the ceiling.  It really makes the room feel more significant and elegant, and though it does block the window, the white curtain is sheer enough to still let it lots of light.  Love.


Here are two more shots of the room.  I actually only had to buy the shower curtain and paint in this room as far as accessories go.  The rest was already in there or got moved from another room.  Alli and I made that artwork right after we moved in - isn't it cute?  It's really simple, maybe a little too simple, but it is her bathroom and I love that we made it together.  And yes, I stood on the toilet to take these pictures (it's a rather long skinny bathroom, so getting good angles is tricky).  And yes, Junior Chief of Security came to inspect.


So, for a weekend of work and about $120 - that's $60 for cabinet paint and hardware, $30 for the shower curtain, and $30 for the gallon of paint - we have a brand new bathroom!  I do need something over the towel rack, but I'm trying not to feel too rushed about it.  I want it to find me!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to all of you.  Friday was Mr. Lowe Down's birthday, so we are having his party today with a few friends.  The house is clean, the beer is chilled, and the marg machine is ready to rock.  Go Cowboys!!  Or whatever.

2 comments:

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!