Monday, September 27, 2010

A "Must Have" Item for Every Home

Remember when I told you here and here about our beefed up tailgating for Razorback games?  Well, we have a few new additions.  But there's one in particular that I consider not only the greatest addition to the tailgate, but also a perfect, applicable, practical thing to have around the house.

New Samsung LCD TV?  We did get one to replace the plasma in our bedroom that died, and we made sure that its replacement was tailgate-worthy.  But not the "must have" in question.

Mobile satellite DirectTV dish?  Though the DTV is fine, we have perfectly acceptable cable.  While neccessary for a tailgate, not applicable to my everyday life.  So no.

Honda Generator?  While we have survived some ice storms and snow storms up here recently and been without power for longer than I care to remember, not even this addition is as practical and useful as....

Margaritaville Key West  Frozen Concoction Maker

This little baby has been at my house for 72 hours, and I have to tell you, I do not know how I got along without it.  I believe in the short 3 days it has been here, I have had twice that many margaritas.  And that's a conservative guess so you don't get too worried about me.

My dear daddy bought this for our tailgate and it arrived just in time to come up for the Bama game this past weekend.  Friday night we anxiously opened and assembled it.  To be honest, I was cautious.  I occasionally enjoy a good margarita, and no at-home blender has ever done this blissful drink justice.  [And by occasionally, I mean every other day, twice on the weekends.]

Nonetheless, we assembled it and combined up the tequila and mix.  We poured that into the blender portion and then filled the ice reservoir with ice.  Then we hit one button and stood in awe as this little contraption shaved and blended the ice to perfection.  I did the honor of the first drink, and I was IN LOVE.  Smooth.  Perfectly mixed.  I'm not talking La Huerta good, I'm talking La Hacienda good.  Well, ok.  I will remain loyal to my beloved La Hac, but just know:  I'm willing to go there.

(Un)fortunately, my parents decided to entrust this fine piece of machinery to the hubs and I for safekeeping.  So at the very least, until late October, this bad boy is mine all mine.  I've been wondering if Ryan would let me throw out the toaster and the coffee pot so we can keep it out on the counter full time.  Dangerous, friends.  You need one.  I will never be caught without one of these again.

4 comments:

  1. Christmas is December 25th.

    From your auntie "Margarita Alnita"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep that in mind! You need to come visit and I will make you as many as you can drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you you would love it!! Try this out, one can limeade, use that same can and do one can triple sec and one can good tequila! Yummy. I think I'll go make one now. Oh you may want to pour half of the mixture into a different pitcher and set aside for later. If you do all of it at once it will overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my girl Blythe. I am trying that recipe NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!