Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nothin' But a Good Time

Oh my.  It has been a little while since I  have updated.  I have to apologize - life has been busy.  Alli started dance class, we started back to Wednesday night church, football season is in full swing, and I've been to see Bret Michaels in concert.

Yes, you heard that right.  Bret Michaels of Poison and trashy television came to play at the AMP in Fayetteville last Thursday night.  Clearly being one of Bret's fans since forever (before the first season of Rock of Love, I'll have you know), I knew I was going.  And since Bret is a lot more mainstream now, I figured let's invite some of my awesome girlfriends/co-workers for a Girls Night Out!  We went to Shogun before for some good eating, and then we headed down the hill to see our (my) Brettie poo.

It was an awesome show, even for a non-Bret fan.  He played every great Poison song, from opening with "Talk Dirty to Me" and closing with "Fallen Angel."  And yes, friends, he did play "Unskinny Bop," "Look What the Cat Dragged In," "Every  Rose Has Its Thorn", and "Something to Believe In."  I don't think I sat still the entire time.  I sang at the top of my lungs!

I did get a VIP pass from a new and newly-ex friend.  But no matter how much sweet talking the girls and I did, we couldn't get back to meet Bret.  Maybe next summer...he swore about 10x he was coming back. I hope to add more pics later - clearly I didn't take any, so I'll have to get them from the ladies who accompanied me. 

BRET!!!!!!!!!!!!! (to the right side of the pic)
Yes, I got new cowboy boots special for the event...worth it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!