Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fauxidermy

As we established here, I have a penchant for weird decor items in my house.  And I struggle with constantly putting the same things on my wall:  picture of family, art, picture of family, art.  Repeat.  So how excited am I that there is a new, weird trend in wall art.  Taxidermy! 

Headhunter Taxidermy      
Okay, this ain't your grandpappy's taxidermy.  I'm talking chic conversation starters in your living room like these:

Red Deer



White Buffalo


Moose

Aren't these fabulous?  What a creative, chic, animal-friendly way to add some conversation-starting wall art to your house!  I showed this trend to Mr. Lowedown and he scoffed at it.  He then suggested I buy a real deer head and spray paint it.  I feel like he might be expressing some frustration with my spray painting obsession  of late.  Regardless, as I generally do, I won.  Please meet our newest addition to the in-progress living room redo:


This little guy is from my favorite home decor shop Z Gallerie.  Don't worry, I've already got the ram and the rhino in my shopping cart.  Just waiting on the go-ahead from the big guy.  Who is now on board.  Told you I always win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!