Friday, August 20, 2010

Tailgate Tentgate

If you know my other half, RLowe, at all, you know he is a guy who loves to tailgate.  For years, and I mean years, my man has been hounding me for a 10x10 tent to aide in his beer-drinking, Baggo-playing pre-Razorback game festivities.  I have looked, in season and out, to find a good deal on a Razorback tent for him to no avail. 

A few weeks ago, while on a trip to Wal-Mart intended to be focused solely on kindergarten shopping for the kiddo, Ryan and my dad happened upon a large section of Razorback tailgating paraphernalia.  The previously $200+ dollar tents were down to just $120.  Being the mean wife I am, I said no way dude.  It's kindergarten time.  And who needs a tent to play Baggo and drink beer??

Then yesterday, on a jaunt to Wal-Mart again, we came across this:


No really.  Ryan found the tent for $75.  Now is the time to tell you that Ryan is the best in the world at talking people into saving him money.  He could talk someone out of their last dime.  This week he talked AT&T into giving us 1/3 off of our bill.  I don't know how, I don't ask.  But he can do it.  Of course the day he walked into Wal-Mart tents were almost 40% off!

 I couldn't say no to $75 of tailgating tenthood.  That's like under $10 per game we will be going to this year.  But of course, a tent is not enough.  Not when there are Razorback folding chairs that are half-price.  So 4 Razorback folding chairs, one tent, and two packages of Goldfish (why we were there in the first place) later, I had this look on my face:

 

You should know, I went back to Wal-Mart today to get 2 more chairs, and the lady told me that they are no longer $9.  She said it was a mistake.  Further proof that Ryan is good at getting random deals.   I'm sending him to Wal-Mart without me to go get them to let him buy them for $9 anyway.  I'll let you know how he does.  And now that we have a tent - come tailgate with us!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!