Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spatastic. Beachy. Fabulous.

What a gorgeous weekend we are having here in NWA.  Alli spent the morning at the Woodland Junior High dance clinic and Ryan and I got to drive around and lust after houses in our favorite area in town, the Washington-Willow historic district.  There are some gorgeous redone houses here and then quite a few that need some TLC and about $150k to get them whipped into shape.  Obviously, we love oogling the former but we're super interested in the latter.  I'm convinced we will have one of these to call Chateau Lowe one day.

Hello, gorgeous - 347 N. Washington
Then we ran by Home Depot, where they asked us where Alli was.  Wow.  We need to diversify our weekend visits, don't we?  No, I liked it.  It was like Cheers, "where everybody knows your name."  Or like I was famous.  Either way, good with it.

But enough small talk.  I bet you can tell from the title of this post that I'm not here to discuss future houses or how famous I am.  It's time to stop teasing.  Master bath reveal time.  

I wish I had done a better job with before pics.  But you should know, this is the fourth color of the master bath.  It's been builder tan, hot pink, and dark green.  Apparently I like to paint.  The newest color is called Sanctuary by Behr in their Ultra collection.  I do not like finishes other than flat, but they have one called Flat Enamel that is very scrubable and that I've used in all of the rooms in the house.  We've been very pleased with it.  Not even enough sheen as Eggshell, and all of the durability.

So in the first shot, you can see those cabinets we redid and added hardware to.  Gor.  Geous.  What a difference.  We've also removed a large vase that blocked half of the mirror and a picture frame and replaced it with these more spa-themed pieces.  I'll give you a close-up on those in a bit.  This pic is a great representation of the paint color.  It's a very soft green.  Have I said lately how much I love the hardware?  Wow.


In this shot you can see my (finally) treated window.  These cafe-length curtains were $14 at Target - remind me why I didn't do this earlier?  Also, you can see my towel solution.  When we moved in, we didn't have a single towel rack in our master bath!  I guess we were supposed to throw them over the shower, which we did for a while, but then I came up with this great solution - a coat rack from Home Depot.


And here's the drama you've been waiting for - the full length shower curtain.  That's 95" of pure spatastic-ness.  Yes, we do have shower doors, but they are so ugly and I hate staring at them.  So I put this extra tall shower curtain over them to hide the eyesore without losing the functionality.  We also updated the shower head in here, going from builder grade to something a bit nicer - nothing special, just prettier and a better stream of water - from Home Depot for $16.  I highly recommend this bathmat from Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's super soft and cushy.  We got the soft blue to bring some of the master bedroom color in and make the two rooms feel more cohesive - a theme you're sure to hear a lot of as we redo the rest of the house.


And here's your close-up of the pieces on the counter.  Rolled white towels in a basket from Target and some green and blue Irish Spring soap in a glass from TJ Maxx.  Coral also from TJ.  Thanks for not letting me down. 


So that's pretty much that. I think the only things left that we'd really like to do are framing in the mirror (that kit should be ordered in the next week or so), getting artwork around the towel rack area,  and grabbing some big soft white towels to replace our aging set.  But I just couldn't make you wait any longer!

And we Lowes are in love.  I often exclaim "Spahhhhh" when I walk in, which I am sure Ryan is sick of.  And I keep expecting to open the window and hear the ocean.  Mr. Lowe is deglossing the cabinets in Alli's bathroom right now, so expect a guest bath reveal in the next few weeks!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you all have as beautiful weather as we do today! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!