Thursday, January 27, 2011

Steven and Lauren: A Short History

Well, I'm one purchase away from declaring the master bathroom done.  Scream at Ryan to let me go buy one more measly thing, and then you'll get to see it.  Until then...

I have to tell you I'm now addicted to American Idol.  I've never really been a huge Idol person.  I've always watched the auditions for a little humor and then moved on with my life.  And then...

Image via www.sexysteventyler.com.  And no, I'm not kidding, it's a real site.

Oh yes.  My longtime one-sided love interest joined the show.  Gawd.  Please excuse me while I drool.  Is there anything hotter than a grungy, androgynous mega-rockstar?  Eyeliner?  Leopard print?  Leather?  Count me in.

I've been an Aerosmith fan since I was far too young to be one.  My dad had the red Greatest Hits album in his truck and I listened to Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way like it was my job.  However, at thirteen, I picked up the Nine Lives album, saw this man on the back cover, and never looked back.

Image found here
Oh how I love me some Steven Tyler.  And I don't mean love him like you do - like oh he's so great, blah blah.  I mean LOVE.  Like watched Wayne's World 2 more than I care to admit just to see him in 2 minutes of it. Like buy every song he's ever done backup vocals in on iTunes.  Like he has a place of honor in my closet in the form of a framed picture.  Like considered spending $1200 for a backstage pass to meet him.  

We've had our rough patches.  His recent fall from the stage and subsequent rehab stay did not sit well with me.  I even stopped listening to Aerosmith for a few months.  But I think it's safe to say it's back on.

I was a little worried that he was too kooky and off the wall to translate well to national TV on a mostly pop music, family-friendly show.  But early reviews are in, and the public seems to appreciate him.  You can't deny how insanely talented he is.  The man has music in his bones.  His father was actually a classical musician, and in the early days of Aerosmith, he tuned all of the instruments and gave his bandmates lessons on their instruments.  (Source - the Aerosmith autobiography, Walk This Way, which I've read about 5 times).

I so enjoy watching him truly appreciate the music on Idol.  It's refreshing that they finally have a true blue musician critiquing people.  You can tell he feels the music.  I could go on about the man, but I've probably already told you more than you ever want to know.  I am going to put one more pic in though.  Because it's my blog and I can if I want.

Judge if you must. Stone. Cold. Fox.

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMk I just might start watching Idol too!! And I still have my nine lives CD that you gave me for my birthday way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - I love to pass the gift on. Tune in to Idol, you won't be sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!