Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dear TJ Maxx,

While I can't seem to find your cheap discounted, chic clothes that all of my friends seem to have, I salute you.  For approximately every fourth time I darken your door, you give me affordable, adorable home decor.  I can ignore how finicky you are, how you sometimes don't have anything but ugly, old, broken junk.  Because you quite surprise me at least once a month.
Recycled glass jugs - $15 each at TJ
Wowza.  These things were $15 apiece, and I bet at any other store (including you, Target, my fickle friend) these babies would have been $30+ apiece.  I got those about 2 months ago to flank my fireplace and I am quite happy.  Last night, I swung by TJ to study some decor for the new master bath makeover, and low and behold...
$10 at TJ.  Not kidding.
A white ceramic artichoke?  Must.  Have.  I snatched this bad boy up and hugged it to my chest as we finished perusing the aisles.  Good grief I love artichokes, and I love white accessories.  He's now sitting on the side board in our dining nook, gleaming.  Ryan questioned me buying him - Mr. I-like-one-room-done-before-I-move-to-another.  "If it doesn't go in the master bath, why are we even buying it??"   My husband does not understand how shopping at TJ Maxx works.  When you find a gem like this, you have to leap on it.  Next time you go, it'll just be a giant motorcycle statue.

Anyone else get some good TJ swag lately?  Or maybe you're one of my friends who can find their elusive, trendy clothes?  Jealous.

Edited "cheap" to "discounted" to please the masses.  No need to offend one of my readers who is obviously an excellent TJ Maxx clothing shopper!  Maybe she will reveal herself and take me to teach me how she does it?

5 comments:

  1. I have to say i don't like your first sentence. I wouldn't say there clothes are cheap. The price is but the brand is still the same! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apologies, anonymous reader. I meant simply to imply that the clothes did not cost a lot of money. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a faithful TJer for clothes and house wares (especially the house stuff....loooove it!). Anyway, I just noticed that one of my recent TJ clothing purchases has a hole in it! I'm not stressing because I paid $16 for it but I do agree there is a reason the items are discounted. No harm, no foul, Lauren. I heart my cheap purchases!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think patience and sifting through a lot of crap are the keys to finding good clothes at TJ's. I found the. perfect. pair. of jeans there once for $29.99. Only bad part was they were for Stephen and not for me! :(
    Haha oh well - he loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Mer! And patience is something I do not have a lot of when it comes to clothes shopping. I can wander through a thrift store all day, but I can barely spend more than 10 minutes digging around for clothes. Maybe one day I'll learn!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!