Sunday, May 1, 2011

Living Room Lowedown

Nope, I didn't float away.  But I bet you were worried.  We've had some serious rainfall here in the past few weeks, and all Mrs. Lowe wants to do when it rains is zzzzz.....  It's pouring right now, lightning flashing, thunder rolling, and I can barely keep my eyes open.  I'll try to get through this thriller of a post, but no promises.  You only get so many good rainy nights to snooze to.

What a great weekend we Lowes had!  Despite the rain, we managed to attend 2 birthday parties for Alli's classmates, have the cute little twins who are exactly Alli's age over for the afternoon, go see Rio, and shop until we dropped!  The last part is probably the most interesting - I got some finishing touches for the living room and I'm ready to reveal the whole room!  Get crunk.

We've repainted the walls a few....thousand times.  Ok, this is just the third paint job, I promise.  And they've all been blue, I've just had to tweak the shade.  I'm so in love with this color, I continued it down the hallway and into the kitchen, as you saw here.  I'm not super great with the angles, but here's a few shots of the progress:









Yes, I have little doggie followers who creep in my pictures.  You can see I've tried to mainly stick to blues, creams, and browns for the big pieces with fun pops of color like the hot pink table and frames or the green storage ottomans.  I'm really loving it!

Sorry for the severe lack of your usual wit, humor, and joy...but I warned you.  It's raining.  G'night.

2 comments:

  1. So cute Lauren! I L-O-V-E the color you chose for the walls. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am!! I love it too - took me long enough to find it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!