Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Sting of Defeat

Is it only Wednesday?  What a week it's been already!  This Sunday we swapped vehicles with my dad so that we could bring up a full mattress for Alli's new (old) bed.  This bed was a wedding gift from my great great grandparents to my great grandparents on their wedding day in 1935.  Isn't it gorgeous?  And right in my era too.  I hope I have a house as old as this bed some day...


I just ordered a new comforter from Pottery Barn Kids, and I need to find the perfect dust ruffle, but seriously, check out the bed!  Alli's been in a twin daybed since she graduated from her crib, so she is loving the "big kid" bed, and I am loving making it up.  So much easier!  Never again with the daybed - a bed that's impossible to make neatly is like hell for an OCD mama.


On Monday, Ryan and I went to Wal-Mart in Rogers over our lunch break.  We haven't bought groceries in about 3 weeks with all of the traveling, so we decided to get a head start by buying the dry stuff.  I always check the soups for my favorite chicken tortilla from Marketside, but they never have it.  I blame myself, really.  All I ever did was talk about how wonderful it was, and then one day they seemed to stop having it in stock at all.  It's hell being popular.  Anyway, I did a quick flyby, expecting to see the usual tomato bisque and broccoli cheddar, but low and behold...


Victory!!  I bought all six, and I've had it every day this week for lunch.  I'm only down to three now, which is devastating, but maybe this sudden in-stockness is a sign that the popularity has died down?  Or they've decided to keep it in the rotation more??  Fingers crossed.

Last night Ryan had frisbee, so it was me, Al Breeze, and Lindsey hanging at the crib.  I had visions of a relaxed evening with a little dinner cooking, yard watering, and maybe a walk for the boys later, but the world had other plans.  I set up the baby pool in the back yard for Alli, and then I decided to move the sprinkler to the front yard.  As I was on one side of the gate adjusting the sprinkler, Alli came bounding up and peeked through the gate.  "Peekaboo!" she yelled, followed by "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!"  I threw open the gate and then I screamed and swatted at my arm.  Wasp sting!  I tried to calm Alli down and ask her where she was stung, and when she kept screeching "My eye! My eye!!" I knew we were in for a long night.

As soon as the swelling started, I made the call to visit the walk-in clinic by our house.  You just don't mess around with eyes.  Verdict: Pitiful, but fine.


The swelling has gone down a lot today, and she says it's stopped hurting so I think we're in the clear.  And my arm is fine too, thanks for asking.  No one really cares though, do they?

After a half week filled with excitement, I am really looking forward to crashing in my bed around 9PM.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!