Saturday, June 16, 2012

Catching Up - Part Deux: Walk This Way

After we got back from Nashville, Fayetteville was undergoing its annual transformation into Wal-Mart Shareholders World Headquarters, an event people travel from all over to come to, and one that always brings in a lot of traffic and some great music acts.  We've had Jimmy Buffett and Carrie Underwood.  But this year, it was just a little different.

Aerosmith came to town.

As you might know, I am a bit of an Aerosmith fan.  Ryan and I had tickets to go see them a few years ago for my first ever Aerosmith concert, but Steven decided to be an idiot and fall off the stage before we could see him.  So this time, Mr. Tyler came to me via Wal-Mart shareholders.

I couldn't believe my luck.  The only issue was that I am not actually a Wal-Mart shareholder.  I had a job offer from Wal-Mart right after college, but I turned them down.  I had not once regretted that decision until the day I found out ST and company were coming to town.  I was a pouty mess the entire day of the concert, and then I decided to work late just to dull the pain.  I got a phone call from Ryan that went something like this:

Ryan:  "How late are you going to work?"

Moi:  "I don't know, Ryan, as long as it takes."

Ryan:  "Well, I guess I'll take some other girl to see Aerosmith tonight."

Moi:  Silence.

Ryan:  "Hello?"

Moi:  "Are you being serious?"

Ryan:  "Yeah."

Moi:  "I'll be right there."

How happy is that face?
Cheap Trick opened, which was an okay show.  I only knew 3 or 4 of the songs, but I think I enjoyed it.  I don't really remember.  I was just too nervous for Aerosmith.  Finally, at around 9pm, the stage rotated.


And not long after that, out he came.



They only played for about an hour and a half, but it was the most entertaining concert I've ever been to.  I sang every song at the top of my lungs (sorry neighbors) and screamed at pretty much everything Steven said.  I wish they had played longer, I wish our seats had been closer, and I wish that I were on tour with ST right now, but all things considered, it was a near-perfect night.  I finally got to see Aerosmith in concert and it was in Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

I just have to think he knew he owed me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!