Sunday, November 4, 2012

Where Did October Go?

I feel like I blinked and one of my favorite months of the year was gone!  And I didn't give the world a single update on it!  Fortunately, my all time favorite month is upon us, but just to keep everyone in the loop, here's an October recap.
  • Football, and lots of it.  We attended every home football game the Hogs played in October, and tailgated for most of them, which means we had very few free weekends.  I love football, and I love the Hogs, but they really aren't making the time, effort, and money we're putting into them worth it this year.  Here's hoping it will pay off next year.  It's a good thing for us we have such great family and friends around to commiserate with.



  • A field trip to the pumpkin patch.  It's really hard to believe that the last time Alli's school took a field trip to the pumpkin patch she was in kindergarten, and now she's in second grade!  I was able to go with her and it was so much fun.  The most wonderful thing about Alli's personality is that she thoroughly enjoys life.  So many kids on the field trip complained or didn't participate in the events, but Alli did everything that was put in front of her and had a blast the entire time.


  • Halloween.  This is Alli's all time favorite holiday.  She's the kid who loves going in the Halloween store to see all of the scary stuff and swears she's not afraid.  I can't look at the demon babies, but Alli doesn't seem to mind them at all.  This year Alli decided to be a vampire.  We went to her school carnival the Friday before Halloween, and then went trick or treating in our old neighborhood with her good friends Addison and Samantha.  It was a great night, and I'm still sneaking her candy.  Someone stop me.



Here's to a wonderful October, and a warm welcome to the best month of the year, November.  Happy fall, y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!