Sunday, November 25, 2012

Big News!!!

We have one more thing to be thankful for this holiday, and since I announced it on Facebook Thanksgiving night, it's past time to disclose it here:  Ryan and I are having another baby!!


After a lot of discussion, thought, and prayer, we knew it was time to grow our little family.  I hesitated and hesitated on it (I hate making big decisions), but one day in church our pastor said, "If you tarry until you're ready, you'll never go at all."  He wasn't applying this logic to having a baby, but it definitely fit my heart and where I was at the time.  We were blessed with not having to wait long before we got that positive pregnancy test (and no, I didn't take a picture of it.  You're welcome.).

We've gotten to see the baby via ultrasound three times now, and it's so amazing!  The last time we went, about 2 weeks ago, we saw him or her kicking and flailing his or her arms like crazy.  It was wonderful!

How have I been feeling?  Ex.  Haust.  Ed.  I was nauseated for a few weeks, but the exhaustion has kicked into overdrive!  I can barely stay awake to drive home, and I haven't put Alli to bed in weeks because I can't stay up long enough!!  I'm also feeling a little overwhelmed.  It's been a long time since I've done this, and I feel like I have so much to do - nursery, getting the rest of the house decorated and done, oh along with resting enough and eating right.  It's all enough to make me roll over and go back to bed!  Except I'm not sleeping well with the crazy dreams and mild anxiety.  There's really nowhere to turn with wine crossed off my shopping list for another 6 months.

Alli is beside herself.  She's been after us for nearly three years to give her a little sister.  She's been a ray of sunshine in a trimester full of fear, worry, doubt, and sleepiness.  She talks about the baby constantly, and she's so sweet.  She's pretty set on a little sister, which is surprising for a tomboy, but she does tell me a little brother would be "okayyyy."

So we're thirteen weeks along, due at the end of May, and can't wait to find out what we're having.  Alli and I are on the same page, but Ryan would definitely appreciate another man around the house to balance things out.  Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers that accompanied our announcement.  We are so excited and we cannot wait to meet the newest Lowe!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys!Hope you continue to feel well. :) When is your actual due date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are extremely excited! I am due May 30th! Good luck to you - your due date is almost here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!