Saturday, December 1, 2012

Owning Christmas

It's that time of year again - and I'm not just talking about rosy cheeks, Santa Claus, and watching Elf one hundred times.  I'm talking about that time of year when I dominate the holiday season with my uber-preparedness.  There's nothing I hate more than the last minute (unless it's a last minute shoe purchase on a whim...remember those?), so I like to get on Christmas fast.

December is a hectic month for us, because our Alli Bree has a birthday early on, followed by of course a birthday party.  Then we have two work parties plus at least two friend parties - not to mention all of the shopping (double duty for a kid who was born in the same month as Jesus!)...it's enough to wear a normal person out!

But fortunately for all of us, I am not normal.  I am Superwoman!!  Even with some nagging nausea, full time exhaustion, and end-of-first-trimester loveliness, I have managed to greet the month of December with my shopping halfway done, my Christmas cards addressed, and the vast majority of my Christmas decorations up (give me a break, I just bought the new lighted garland Sunday night and I cannot stay up past 8PM on a weeknight right now!).

How great is that stack of addressed and stamped envelopes just waiting for December?  I even thought ahead enough to order a new stamp of our address!  It looks great, plus it saves serious hand cramps.  And I got my Christmas card deer out again, so he's anxiously awaiting holiday greetings from our friends.  I just love Christmas cards!!


We've also added a little to the holiday decor around here, which is always fun. I got this egg basket in Prairie Grove last weekend, and my mom gave Alli this adorable nativity set.  And when we were browsing through Target last weekend, we (I) just could not resist this deer pillow. They have this little guy everywhere.  I just had to get the doormat to match later on.  Isn't he precious?


Father Christmas is appearing today to hang Christmas lights on our house, put out our giant inflatable Santa, and arrange our lighted deer in the flower bed.  I cannot wait - our new neighborhood already has a lot of Christmas spirit, so I'm anxious to not be the Scrooge.  I'll be inside cleaning the house and hanging my garland.  I hope to get out sometime today and knock out a little more Christmas shopping. Tis the season!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!