Friday, December 28, 2012

The Last Christmas Post (I think)

After the wonder that was Christmas Eve with our family, we got up at 6:30AM on Christmas morning for presents.  Alli got an iPad Mini, a Ninja Turtle backpack, and nunchucks from Santa.  In her backpack were masks for all four turtles - you know we had to try them on...



Then we sat around the tree and had our traditional one-present-at-a-time opening.  I am completely spoiled!  From Santa Claus, I got Bath and Body Works lotion, a monogrammed towel, and an apron.  How cute is this??  I'm a domestic engineer after all!


My mom got me the most gorgeous antique mirror and a great old coat rack/plate holder.  In.  Love. I cannot wait to get them back up to Fayetteville and in the house!



Ryan also set me up for the impending snowstorm with a puffy North Face, a new hat and gloves.  I've already worn them out a few times and they are perfect!


Best of all, I got the mom camera I've been begging for!  Ryan got me a Nikon D3100, and I am so anxious to read up on how to get great pictures with a DSLR!  I can already tell the difference in the pictures from my old point and shoot Nikon.  Plus with baby Lowe on the way, I cannot wait to have gorgeous pictures!!  After we all exchanged gifts, the rest of the family came over for Christmas breakfast.  I made homemade drop biscuits, and Mom and Dad cooked bacon, sausage, and eggs.


Lego Heaven!
Handsome boy















We've all spent the day playing with our toys, and the freezing rain started early this afternoon.  In the past few hours, it's switched over to snow and it is really coming down!  Alli, Lindsey, and John had a snowball fight, and I've been blogging by the fire.  It's actually lightening some during the snowstorm, which always causes someone in the room to yell out "THUNDERSNOW!!"  I think we're working on four inches of snow over here, so we all got that white Christmas afterall.  I hope you all had wonderful holidays with the people who mean the most to you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!