Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Stace! These cookies!!!

Like I mentioned in the last post, we ended up spending half a day each of the first two days baking cookies.  My grandmother, who passed away in April, was well-known for her amazing Christmas baking extravaganza every year.  She made cocoons, peanut butter blossoms, and chocolate bonbons (nicknamed "Lauren's Chocolate Surprises - same outside taste as a cocoon with a Hershey kiss in the middle).  Like I mentioned previously, my mother also makes these molasses cookies that are like heaven on earth.  Because we got a few more days before Christmas than usual, my mom and I got to spend an afternoon baking up a storm together.  It was so much fun, and so delicious too!



Every cookie turned out perfectly, and it was great time spent with my mama watching Home Alone.  I made myself sick testing the cookies out, but it was well worth it.

The next day I mixed up a double batch of the vanilla cookie recipe we've made every year since I was little. After letting it chill during the Cowboys game (sigh...), we rolled it out and cut cookies.  So much fun!



Post cutting and baking, it was time for decorating.  I did not get a single picture of them decorated, things got a little crazy, but we have some creative people in this family!  They turned out delicious and beautiful, and I love having the memory of doing this with the fam.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!