Thursday, March 7, 2013

Read Across America Day

Last Friday was Read Across America Day.  All students at Alli's school were encouraged to dress like book characters, and the day was filled with parades, reading, bands, and a meet and greet with the Cat in the Hat himself.  Alli was pretty set on being the Cat in the Hat as well, so we ordered an outfit from Party City.

I love Dr. Seuss, don't you?  I mean The Sneetches, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, The Lorax, and my most favorite, Oh the Places You'll Go!  He's so wonderful and fun to read, and I love his little underlying messages.

So, without further ado, the Cat in the Hat.




Isn't she adorable?  She was so happy with the costume (especially the tail) and she had a wonderful day.  She even got called up on stage to do a dance with a group.  I just love elementary school events like this - so much fun!

And just because I love you guys, here's the video of her dancing.  She's the Cat, obviously.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!