Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 40 Weeks



How far along: 40 weeks - Are we going to have to go to a daily update now?

Size of baby: According to The Bump, Miss Riley is the size of a jackfruit, weighing 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measuring 18.9 to 20.9 inches long.  I've never seen a jackfruit to my knowledge, FYI.

Maternity clothes: PJ pants, Ryan's shirts, and a Piko when I have to look nice.  Which is almost never.  I'm dressed up above for Alli's 2nd grade awards ceremony.  I thought I'd do my hair for her on her last day of school.

Gender: Obviously a very patient girl who is very happy where she is right now.

Movement:  Still crazy at night and pretty calm during the day.  I had an NST this week because of my blood pressure and my being concerned about her movement that day.  Turns out, all she needed was a little goading from the monitors being hooked up to her.  She passed with flying colors.

Sleep: Sleep has been fine.  We've had storms and rain the past few nights, and that hasn't hurt anything.

Symptoms: Heartburn, swelling, back pain.  I was a little crampy last night, so let's hope that means something is happening!

What I miss: Fluidly getting up and down.  Every time I roll over it's a three point turn.  I need help out of chairs, couches, and off the floor.  And coffee.  And wine.  Still.

Cravings: Sweets - Riley's additional "birthday cake" is almost gone.  She's going to miss it like she missed last week's if she doesn't get a move on!

Food aversions: Not much.  I love it all.

Best moment this week: Alli's 2nd grade awards ceremony and knowing Riley was fine after the NST.

What I am looking forward to: Riley's arrival.  The doctor won't let me go much past 41 weeks, which is this coming Thursday, so at least we know we'll have her within a week's time.  I really don't want to be induced though, so I am really hoping that she decides to debut soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!