Thursday, January 30, 2014

Black Eyed Pea

Like I mentioned in some earlier posts, this past weekend was gorgeous.  After Alli's horse show on Sunday, we did our grocery shopping.  On the way home, we stopped by Academy Sports.  Alli asked me (again) to please sign her up for softball this spring, so I did a few weeks ago in a fast pitch league put on by Fayetteville High School.  I'm not sure if she's ready for her mom to turn into a crazy woman though.  I don't know anything about soccer, but she's about to get schooled in softball.

Anyway, we decided to grab her a glove so that we could get it broken in and start playing a little catch.  Then we spent an hour out in the yard working on fielding, catching and throwing, and she did so well.  She caught on fast and she really seemed to enjoy it.  She even got hit a few times - once on her lip, once on the knee, and a few times on her fingers, but she was a trooper.  Her throwing improved dramatically as we worked.  We still have some practice to do on catching, but I think she's going to do great.

This evening as I was putting her to bed, I noticed that Alli had a raised bump right above her eye that was quickly bruising up.  Horrified, I asked her if she got hit with the softball, thinking I hadn't noticed it.

"No.  I was playing Mario a minute ago on the Wii, and I beat a level and got really excited and hit myself in the eye.  It really hurts, but I'm okay."

Seriously?  This kid can jump a horse, kick a soccer ball across the field, and practice softball for an hour, but the only injury she got all day was from a Wii remote?  Sometimes I just don't even know what to say.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!