Friday, January 17, 2014

Riley {Seven Month Update}

Houston, we have a problem.  My teeny tiny baby has disappeared!  So much so that I can barely fit her into our shots for our monthly pics!  See what I mean?


So we changed the format a little bit and let her sit up since she's so fabulous at it.


Ahhh I could just bite those toes all. day. long.  But I digress.

Key words to describe Riley this month:

  • Talkative.  Until recently, Riley has been a pretty quiet baby unless she's complaining.  But this month she is babbling nonstop!  It's mostly "Mamamama" but she also says "Dadadada."  She screams, she gurgles, and she smacks her lips.  And if you slap your hands down on the grown and say "AH!" she'll do it right back.  Cutest thing ever.
  • Smart.  This word could obviously describe Riley every month, but she's really developing this month.  She can sit in her exersaucer and swivel around to follow Alli, even when Alli is behind her and she can't see her.  She knocks down blocks while I stack them, and she even grabs at my face so that I'll react at sling my head side to side.  Seeing her learn cause and effect is amazing.
  • Eating.  We're trying a new food every three days, so she's experiencing a lot of new tastes.  She had her first green veggie on Sunday - green beans - and she's actually a fan!  The only thing we've found that she's not in love with is avocado.  She'll eat it, but it's not her favorite.  She loves the fruits - pears, bananas, mangos, and apples.

Our sweet little princess appears to be teething.  She's fussy sometimes, she's drooling buckets, and it's about dang time!  But no teeth yet - maybe next month.  She's not crawling either, and I guess I should be counting my lucky stars, but I want to make sure she's on track so we practice as much as we can.


She would really much rather sit up and play with all of her Christmas presents.  She got so many awesome things, but so many of them make noise.  Alli's favorite thing to do is to put them all on the loud setting and get them all going at once.  All the while exclaiming "I can't hear myself think!"  Sisters.


Our little stinker is hard to figure out sometimes.  She will have several nights where she sleeps for 12 hours and we don't hear a peep, and then she has nights where she's up every hour.  She knows how to keep us on our toes!


Happy seven months beautiful girl - you're such a special part of our family and we can't wait to see you grow even more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!