Monday, January 13, 2014

Alli's Anecdotes

As you know from keeping up with the Lowe Down, there's work going on to get this family fit and fabulous for 2014.  2013 was a great year for a baby, but not a great year for my physique, so I am hoping to get it back to where I want it this year.  We got a new elliptical to keep upstairs in our game room because I can't seem to stick to running and I always find a reason not to go to the gym.  But I always have an hour or two for the Real Housewives (or my new guilty pleasure Vanderpump Rules…what is wrong with me?), so with the elliptical at home and in the game room, I always have thirty minutes for a workout.



It's been four days straight now of me working out on it.  Today I almost bailed - Riley had a bad night, so I didn't get up early.  Alli had orthodontist appointments, so I didn't get it done during Riley's nap while I worked from home today, and when Ryan got home it was time to start dinner.  Awesome man than he is, Ryan encouraged me to let him finish dinner and to go get my elliptical on.  I declined, saying something about it being okay to take a day off.  And then I decided not to.  I sweated it out, got caught up on Real Housewives, and then came downstairs just in time for dinner.

After dinner, I had that post workout buzz and was feeling pretty great.  Four days in a row!  These pounds are coming off in no time!  Then I scooped Riley up out of her high chair to get her in the bathtub.  And Alli struck.

"Mama, remember when your belly was big like when you were going to have Riley?"

Me, unsuspecting.  "Yeah I do, Al."

"Well it kind of looks that way now.  Are you going to have another one?"

Consider my buzz killed.  Man am I glad I didn't skip working out today.  Thanks, Alli.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!