Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Nine Fabulous Years

Happy anniversary to the love of my life - the one and only Ryan Lowe!


I can't believe it's been nine years since we first said "I do."  I knew he was the man of my dreams the second (time) we dated.


For nine years he's been my rock, my partner in crime, my best friend, my biggest fan, my equal.


We went from the humblest of beginnings, survived years apart, and built a life together that I absolutely love.



We've bought houses, raised babies, vacationed, fought, struggled, laughed, cried, comforted, celebrated.


God knew what He was doing when He paired us up - I needed a steady, level-headed, laid-back partner to bounce my wound up neuroticism off of.


He's an amazing husband,  a fantastic son and son-in-law, and one of the best fathers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.



The fact that my girls have him as an example of how a man should love a woman is the best situation I could hope to bring them up in.  He's patient, respectful, and indulgent, but he's more than willing to give me guidance, persistence, and a kick in the rear when I need it.


He's hands down one of the funniest men I know.  Our humor is perfect for each other.  He's broadened my horizons and definitely decreased my taste level in movies and TV, but I don't mind.


I am always excited about our next adventure together - the next vacation, the next day at the pool, the next baby, the next ridiculous but fun purchase, and the next Saturday night we spend drinking wine and watching a movie on the couch.



I can barely stand for us to be apart - I think it stems from the years we spent apart when he was in Iraq.  I dread business trips and nights away.  I can hardly stand to go do anything without him because he makes everything more fun for me.


I love our inside jokes, our silly routines, and the funny way we say things that only we understand.


I love that there's a person on the world who above everything else wants me to be happy.  I know that he will do his best to provide me with whatever it is that I think I need to enjoy my life, even at his own expense.  He gives me unconditional love.



He immediately blended into my family and is now an irreplaceable part of football season, holidays, and vacations.




We've not gone without our struggles.  Great marriages are filled with peaks and valleys and we've had our share of both.


Happy anniversary, Ryan.  I can't believe it's already been nine years since we joined our lives together.  Thank you for the laughs, the tears, the babies, the homes, the love, and the memories.  I couldn't imagine my life without you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!