Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sickmas 2013

I hereby designate Christmas 2013 "Sickmas 2013" - so far, four of the eight members of our family have contracted some form of the stomach bug.  Riley's had it twice now.  Christmas morning, though, we were all feeling well and got up at 7AM for our Christmas morning traditions.

Santa took care of the girls - Riley got a Baby Einstein activity table and Alli got an easel with paints and a chalkboard and the rest of the stuffed Ninja Turtles (she already had Mikey).


Santa was also good to me - I got a new lens for my camera, one with a better zoom so that I can take closer pictures at the soccer games and the horse shows.  Then we gathered around the tree and opened presents.  We always go one at a time, and this year we opened from youngest to oldest.  Poor Nini.  Everyone had a wonderful Christmas - from John Patrick's new camera to Dad's Nest thermostat.  But no one had a bigger surprise than Mom, who was completely shocked by her new diamond solitaire ring!  I didn't get a super picture, but here she is showing it off.  She talks with her hands a whole lot more now, I'm just sayin'.


Not too long after that picture was taken, Mom went down with the stomach bug.  And she was down for the day.  Dad and I had to carry meal prep, which was made a little easier with one of my Christmas gifts...


You can't quite tell there, but it's a pale pink KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer.  Don't mind Leo ogling it.  It's purty.

Lindsey went down shortly after Mom, so Christmas Day was spent laying low.  Alli taught a little school, Ryan whooped up on everyone on the Wii and built Legos, and I blogged and took pictures of my pretties.








I had a wonderful Christmas - in addition to the stand mixer and the camera lens, I got a new Patagonia pullover, some socks and tights, a bracelet, a scarf, reindeer dish towels, money, giftcards, and a beautiful fish vase.


My aunt Karen gave Riley some handmade cross stitched bibs.  I am too afraid to even use them they're so pretty!!


The evening was about the same as the day - low key and spent recovering.  It certainly wasn't the Christmas we planned, but we were together, even if it was Sickmas.  Maybe this will be funny one day, right?

Hope you and yours had a very merry Christmas!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!