Sunday, March 16, 2014

29 and Holding

Almost a week ago, a major event occurred:  I became 29.  We kicked off the party Sunday when I was headed out to take Alli to the barn.  The ground was still extremely wet from the snow and sleet we'd had the week before, so Ryan decided to give me a birthday present early, and they sure did come in handy!  Rain, mud, and snow just got a little brighter.


That night we went to La Hacienda for margaritas and Mexican with one of our favorite couples.  Monday, my actual birthday, was a work at home day for me.  Being a grown up and having to work on your birthday sort of stinks, but Ryan overcame it the best he could with more presents (Lululemon headbands!!) and lots of food.  I started the day with donuts, and he came home at lunch with a grilled cheese and tomato soup from Hammontree's.  Dinner was Shogun's followed by a Ricks cake.  I was a happy, stuffed girl.

We also had beautiful weather on my birthday, so Riley, the boys and I took a break from work for a walk, and after dinner we did some softballin' in the yard with my sister.


The nexy day was a work in the office day, so my co-workers took me to Mama Z's and then Ryan sent Ricks cookies to the office for me.  Yum!


So despite getting older on a Monday when I had to work, I had a great few days of celebration - huge props to my hubby on that.  You now have one year until my big 3-0 so brace yourselves, people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!