Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mama's Day 2014

I've been a mama for nine Mother's Days now, and I've had some good ones.  But let me tell you - this year is shaping up to be one of the best yet.  Riley let me sleep in until 8:30am (she's had a fever all weekend, so we didn't go to church this morning).  Then Ryan and Alli went to go get me donuts and Starbucks, the breakfast of champions!  And since Riley seemed to be feeling all right, we decided to go on our first family bike ride.  Ryan and I got bikes last weekend, and we've been antsy to try them out all together.


We did a 45 minute, 5 mile bike ride on the Mud Creek and Scull Creek trails.  Riley adored her trailer, and Ryan and I enjoyed our bikes.  Alli, however, did not enjoy much of anything.  Her tires were almost flat, and the bike is way too small for her.  Plus, she only has one gear.  Her new bike with seven gears was ready later the same day, thank goodness.  So this little trek represented the last hurrah for Alli's old bike.

After a good ride and throwing some rocks into the creek, we came home to drop Ryan & Riley off and Alli & I headed to the barn.  I got to sit in the sun and watch Miss Thang ride Tater Tot.  She even cantered over a jump!



Then we came home and left again to pick up Alli's bike.  Afterwards we went for "lupper" - lunch/supper at my favorite Mexican place on the planet La Hacienda.  Mama even had a marg.


Now Ryan is doing the grocery shopping while I lounge around the house.  We're planning another bike ride later this evening so Alli can test our her new wheels.  Then I was promised cookies and wine for dinner followed by watching the new episode of Game of Thrones when the kids are snoozing.  I'm serious, this might be my perfect non-beach non-Thanksgiving day.  Happy Mothers Day to all of the mamas out there.  I hope your days are as wonderful as mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!