Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pre-Mothers Day Recap

So even though my Mother's Day was by far the best day of the weekend (or ever), a lot happened this weekend before my special day.  First of all, I had to leave work early on Friday to pick up Riley.  She had a 101.5 degree fever.  Her fever finally broke today, and last night was one of my worst ever as a parent.  Nothing could make her happy, and I didn't know a child could cry for two hours straight.  But we survived, and how can you not love this face?


I didn't get to go, but Friday night Alli had her last school dance of the year where her dance club performed some Michael Jackson numbers.  The girl has some moves!  Saturday morning, Alli and I went on a bike ride together after Ryan went on his solo.  Then we headed to the ballpark for Alli's scrimmage.  She was 2 for 3 batting with two singles and two runs scored.  She also played the pitcher position as well as catcher.  She did awesome.  I am so excited to get to spend evenings at the ballpark again.  Alli is really enjoying playing, and many of the girls on her team go to school with her, so we get to interact with families who have kids Alli's age who live nearby.


After the game, we took Riley for the inaugural spin in her bike chariot, which she loved.  Thank goodness, because when that girl isn't happy, no one is happy!  It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend all around, and I am just ecstatic that I got to spend it doing all of my favorite things (except having a sicko kiddo...).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!