Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another finished project

I feel like I need a medal.  Or maybe a gold star.  I have finished another home project.  Part of it has been over a year in the making.  I redid our bedroom!!  That's right!  Two weeks ago, I talked Ryan into buying the comforter and sheets I wanted.  Then we made a stop by Home Depot to get the paint to repaint it!  We got one coat on the wall two weeks ago, and like we tend to do, stopped.  So the bedroom has been in shambles for two weeks now - art on the floor, shelves off the walls, etc.  Today I got a wild hair and finished it up.

I was so happy - I had painted it grey originally with a heavy masculine bedspread.  I posted a picture of it in an earlier post.  Now it's a fun fresh spring green bedspread with a light blue wall color - just gorgeous!  All that is left is window treatments, a few touches for the shelf and dresser, and art to go over the bed that I plan to paint myself.


Isn't it pretty?  And it's finally done.  Who would have thought I would be halfway done, get a puppy, and finish the project 3 days later?  The part I mentioned that was a year in the making was painting the ceiling.  It's not a very interesting color so I won't show it.  Just know I've been staring at a blotchy half-painted ceiling for a year now.  And then imagine it being done - seriously, load off my mind.

Also, our good friend Shannon came over today and brought her sweet baby Jillian.  Alli is majorly into babies right now and she LOVED her!


And finally, for those of you wondering how the boys are getting along:

2 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute! I'm glad they are getting along!

    I also love the bedroom. Now that most my rooms are painted, I kinda want to do a softer pallet like your bedroom.

    Looks good - oh, and here is your gold star! (imagine me giving you a gold star)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am! I don't know what got into me. I was just painting away!

    It's funny how once you get everything done, you start going back and changing it. Oh well...at least it's only paint!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!