Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Riley {Four Month Update}

Dear time, please stop!  How can Riley be four months old?  She's been here 1/3rd of a year!  I'm pretty sure she gets cuter every day...


Key words to describe Riley this month:
  • Rolly polly.  Miss Priss has mastered rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back.  I don't think I was ready for her to get so mobile.  As soon as you lay her down, she'll flip over to whichever side you didn't lay her down on.  
  • Laughing and Vocal.  Riley has always been so smiley, but now she's actually giggling.  As soon as we get even a hint of a laugh out of her, we all get sillier and sillier to try to get another one.  I think my eyes well up each time - is there any better sound in the world?  She's also found her voice and is quite the screamer.  Sometimes she'll even growl at Ryan.
  • Awake.  As in our ten hours of sleep are a thing of the past.  Sometimes she wakes up just once at night, and sometimes it's every two hours.  Coffee is Mama and Daddy's best friend right now.
  • Mouthy.  Riley is grabbing at everything she sees, and everything immediately goes into her mouth - toys, fingers, my hair.  It's amazing to watch her explore (and taste) the world around her.

Riley has decided that she prefers to sleep on her side.  We always put her down on her back, but she almost immediately rolls to her side for sleeping.  She's also started rejecting her Nuk passies in favor of her Wubbanubs again.  They are so easy for her to grab and snuggle with.  Putting her to sleep is pretty easy if you don't miss her window.  All it takes is a little snuggling and a few pats on the diaper, and Riley is out.  She might wake up ten minutes later, though!


I'm happy to report that her eyes are still blue and she's not balding.  She still has that impressive head of hair, and Ryan insists that it's getting lighter.  I don't see it yet, but I'll trust him.  I can't get past those cheeks though - I have to bite and kiss them all the time.  All.  The.  Time.


Oh yeah, those are football legwarmers.  She just loves football.  Riley's now eating 5-7 times a day.  She's had two colds (darn it, daycare!) but I think we've got the latest one whooped.  Ryan used a Nose Frieda on her, but that's a conversation for another post.  I think she's at or just over 15 lbs - what a chunk!!  Her daddy still goes to daycare every day she's there to give her a bottle at lunch, and I spend a few days a week home with her.  I seriously love this baby girl with my whole heart - happy four months, little Rooster!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!