Monday, October 21, 2013

Tapping the Rockies

How sad is it that until this weekend, the furthest west I'd been was College Station, TX?  Well no more, friends - now I've been to Denver!  My co-worker and very dear friend Kerri is getting married in a few short weeks, so she invited a few friends to celebrate a girls' weekend in Denver where her friend Jen lives.  We flew out Friday night and went straight to Racine's, which is near Jen's condo, for the cheese dip to end all cheese dips.  Seriously, I wish I had a picture.  It was spicy, it had avocado chunks, it had salsa.  It was awesome.

Saturday morning I woke up to this view:


I'm really a beach girl, but wow - isn't that gorgeous?  We watched a little College Game Day (thank goodness for fellow football lovin' girls).  Then we went for a walk/hike at Red Rocks, which is a cool concert venue with awesome views.  I thought I was going to die climbing the stairs, and then we got to the stage area where there were about fifty people working out.  Shoot me.  Like running the stairs.  Jumping up the stairs.  Cartwheeling up the stairs.



Seriously.  Go eat a cookie.  

So then we did a hike ourselves.  The conversation was delightful, the scenery was perfect, and I didn't pass out.  I call that a complete success.






After surviving our hike, we went back to Jen's condo to watch a little football and get ready to head down to the Arkansas bar to watch the massacre...I mean the Arkansas vs. Alabama game.  Three margaritas and four bowls of cheese dip later, the Hogs were toast, but we'd still had a great time.


What a wonderful time with a great group of ladies to celebrate one of my favorite people!  And in case you're wondering, Ryan flew solo this weekend with our two sweeties and he survived too.  Alli scored the game-winning goal at her soccer game and Riley was just plain adorable.


How bad do you want to bite her toes?  Just me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!