Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'

I think this will be the last Christmas post.  But as you know by now, I am a Scrooge no more, so I am well within my right to give you another Christmas post if I feel like it.  It's really the one you've been waiting for anyway.  The one you laid in your bed Christmas night wondering about.  What did Lauren get for Christmas????

I didn't expect to be totally blown away this year - Ryan and I have had some big Christmases the past several years with goodies like Coach bags and diamond rings.  (For me, of course.  His gifts have been pretty standard).  But because there are several things we are setting aside money for these days, we set a low limit of $50 for Christmas for each of us.  December is a rough financial month for us anyway, with Alli's birthday, birthday party, and our large extended families and fabulous friends.  So out on the hunt I went to find a fun, exciting present that he would love without breaking the bank.

Here's what I ended up with:

Razorback grill iron courtesty Foodista
 
Razorback grill set courtesy Ebay
Not too shabby eh?  As our grillmaster for tailgating and an overall grilling enthusiast, I expected Ryan would be extremely excited about these two Razorback finds.  Total money spent:  $75 (What??  You know I stink at restricting myself!!).   I was right - he was thrilled!  Our parents also took care of him - with his giving us a new Nikon S80 camera (please note new gorgeous blog photos - no more blurry iPhone pics!) and my parents giving him tons of new shirts and pullovers for work and golf.

I assumed that I would probably get perfume from Mr. Lowe.  I had been complaining loudly about needing some for a month.  He went above and beyond by getting me a big bottle of Chanel Chance complete with lotion and shower gel.  I was also taken care of with clothes galore and giftcards (and if you ever need a personal shopper, call my mom.  She's been dressing me fantastically for years, if I do say so myself).

But I've never stopped believing in Santa, and I've been especially good this year.  And the big guy never forgets to take care of your girl.  First, he gave me a Heifer International t-shirt and a share of a water buffalo!  My mom has just recently started working for this great organization whose mission is to end hunger around the world by "teaching men to fish" - giving familes in need animals (such as pigs, goats, and yes, heifers) and training so that peole can help themselves instead of taking handouts.  I have long admired the water buffalo as a beast of burdern since this Veggie Tales song:


But please note, mine is not slow.  Nor is he blue.  "Harold" is now helping to plant rice and potatoes and providing for a family who needs him.  (Seriously, go to Heifer International's website now.  If Santa can give me and the siblings a water buffalo, you can at least buy some honeybees or chicks).

And then Santa, that jolly old elf, gave me something a bit more.  Seriously, people.  Never stop believing in Santa Claus.  I knew I had been really good, but this was just too much.  I LOVE IT!!!!


So the Christmas decor is down and the house is back to normal.  No more presents, no more wrapping, no more shopping.  I'm a little sad.  What could help?  Ah, yes.  A present to myself, new Jessica Simpson oxford pumps:

Photo courtesy Zappos

Alert:  It's my wedding anniversary today!!  Happy happy happy sixth anniversary to my fantastic husband!  I love you!!  And thanks for telling Santa which ring I have been admiring!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!