Thursday, March 24, 2011

Destination: Wedding

What a whirlwind start to spring we Lowes are having!  The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and love is in the air.  Case in point:  we made a trip down to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida this weekend to be a part of a very special day for our friends Dave and Lindsey.  They got married on the beach in one of my favorite places on earth.  I was maid (not matron) of honor AND I got to wear hot freaking pink.  What could be better?

RLowe and I headed out Thursday night for Little Rock where we pawned the kiddo off on her all-too-willing grandmother and dumped the dogs on my very good sport of a dad.  Mom was away in the Phillippines last weekend, so he was flying solo with three dogs and my bro.  What a guy!  We're lucky to have such good help on both sides of the family!  So anyway, we shirked our parenting responsibilities for a few days and headed down to paradise.

How about this view out our back porch?  Couldn't you live there?


Friday night the girls and boys went their separate ways for bachelor/bachelorette parties.  We ladies hit the gorgeous Grande Vista Bar & Grille in the Emerald Grande over the HarborWalk.  The HarborWalk is a really great development in nearby Destin with bars, restaurants, and great views of the harbor in the world's luckiest fishing village.  We met up with the menfolk at a piano bar and danced and sang until our hearts' content.


The next morning we had a rehearsal breakfast and then hit the beach.  The beautiful bride gave me a really awesome beach towel.  Why awesome you ask?  Let me count the ways.

  1. It's pink
  2. It has my name embroidered on it
  3. It has pockets for my celly
  4. It has a pocket to go over the back of chair so it won't slide 


Uh huh.  Oh yeah.  So we spent about 2 hours laying out in the sun.  Then Lindsey and I headed up to the condo for hair and makeup - it was fabulous!  I got my face sprayed on like I was Jessica Simpson.  Or Kim Kardashian.  Your girl could get used to that.  After that, there was a beautiful beachside wedding at 6PM followed by throwing wishing stones in the ocean and a perfect sunset for pictures.  We couldn't have asked for more.  

Cue photo montage:


Their first dance

YUM!!!  I'd sneak a bite of that cake all over again!!!

Jessica.  Flipping.  Simpson.  30 lbs ago, of course.

Wish we had more, but we were too busy having a great time!!  Congratulations, Dave and Lindsey!  Wishing you a lifetime of happiness from everyone here at Chateau Lowe!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!