Saturday, March 12, 2011

Go Shawty, It's Yo Birfday

I know you had this past Thursday circled in hot pink on your calendar.  You checked the blog feverishly all day waiting for a post and it never came.  Well, blogfriends, this is that post.  It's 2 days late, but that's ok.  It's my party and I'll procrastinate if I want to.  For those of you who didn't know (the minority), I turned a year older and wiser this Thursday and it's been a week filled with celebration!!

It all started last weekend when we loaded up the car and headed down to Little Rock.  We spent all day Saturday at Oaklawn.  My mom used to take me here on spring break every year so I could see the racehorses.   I was minorly horse-crazy as a kiddo.  Just a little.  So now we've extended our invitee list to include my siblings and the hubs.  We had an awesome time, even though RLowe and the little lady didn't win a dime.

Losers.  Not #Winning.
Also there?  Legendary horse trainer D. Wayne Lukas.  Doesn't matter to you.  Big deal to me.


Next was the annual joint birthday party thrown for me and my sister by my mamacita.  It's called Birthday Extravaganza, and it always lives up to the hype.  It's basically a several hour event that features my sister and myself, covered in pink, glitter, and crowns, getting treated like the royalty we are.  You don't get it, and that's fine.  That's why you aren't invited.






I really can't say a whole lot more about it.  But if you do want in, let me know and I can try to pull some strings.  Security is a bit strict though.

Then Thursday was my actual birthday and I had another amazing day.  Ryan hung about half of the clothes in my closet on matching plastic hangers the night before - something I've been yakking about forever.  He DOES listen.  (I say half because he undershot it by about 100 hangers.  So back to Wal-Mart this weekend for the rest.  What can I say?  Girl got clothes.)

THEN he had cupcakes delivered from Ricks Bakery to me at work!!!!  I was SO surprised!!  Clutch, Mr. Lowe.  People came by my desk all day to wish me a happy birthday and get one of these babies.  It really made my day special.  He followed up with a cake from Ricks as well.  Am I spoiled/fat or what?


And then last night we, along with our friends Dave and Lindsey (who get married this weekend!!!) went to Bordinos last night for dinner.  Gawd it was amazing.  I love that place.

And there you have your Lowe Down on my bday.  Maybe next year Mr. Obama will finally answer my petition to make it a national holiday and you'll have to wear pink, drink a marg, and get a day off from work.  You're welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!