Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cat Scratch Fever

Not everyone loves vacation as much as we do.  I honestly cannot look Cash in the eyes for a solid three days before I drop him off at the Chenal Pet Palace.  I think he senses it coming - I took this picture about 2 days before we left for Little Rock:

Completely depressed
I'm not sure Landry even realizes what is going on, but Cash knows.  His tension grows when I lug out my giant pink suitcase.  He barely sits down on the whole trip to Little Rock, and they practically drag him down the hall at the Pet Palace.  I'd like to think it's me leaving that causes his anxiety, but let's be reasonable.  If you had to spend 9 nights locked in a small space with Landry and Emmett, you'd probably be freaking out too.

The girls get the luxury of staying at the house while we are gone.  My friend Kerri came to check on them several times over the week, but they spent the bulk of their time alone in the house for the duration of our vacation.  For Lola, I imagine this must be heaven.  No dogs, no kids, and no Ryan. I'm sure she missed me a little, but I know her well enough to know that my vacation is her vacation.  When we walked in, she greeted us at the door, did a little barely-audible purring, glared at the dogs, and then went back to the spot on the bed where I left a t-shirt of mine for her to curl up on.

Relaxed and happy after a week off from being the boss lady
Ginger, however, practically tackled us when we walked in.  Kerri warned me that she thought Ginger was missing us because she kept following her around and rubbing on her every time Kerri came by.  I thought I was prepared (Ginger is a notoriously loving cat), but I had no idea.  I mentioned to Ryan Monday morning that I didn't sleep well, and he said "Well, it might have been because every time I woke up and rolled over, I saw Ginger sleeping on your chest."  This cat spends 9 hours a night in Alli's room - why is she pestering me?


Seriously, it's been nearly 3 days now, and I cannot get her away from me.  I never thought I would want to go back to before vacation when we were losing her for hours at a time, only to find her in some obscure place like Ryan's clothes hamper.  As I write this, she's rubbing her chin all over my computer and meowing loudly in my face.  Every time one of us walks into a room, she pops up on her back legs like a prairie dog and mews.  Ryan said that Monday night he was holding her and petting her and she actually drooled.  I'm pretty sure she's lost it.

The eyes of a crazy woman
I guess I should feel great that our sweet little simple-minded kitty missed us so much.  She got lonely, and we both know Lola isn't much company.  But this cat is so off her rocker, I keep waiting on the switch to flip and for her to suffocate me while I'm sleeping.  So if they find me, you'll know who did it.

Attacking the camera - help me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!