Thursday, July 12, 2012

Destin Diary: Vacation Day 4

I am so sad that the title of this includes Day 4!  That means 2 more days of vacation bliss before it's back to reality.  How am I going to survive another year without this view??


I guess that's why you work the other 51 weeks, right?  So that you can spend a solid week thoroughly enjoying every second of being throughly removed from your regular life.  And the other 51 weeks that you're away from this place make this one week even more special.


There wasn't much to report from Day 4, but I think it was the most perfect day we've had so far.  Ryan and I hit the beach early and enjoyed some time without chasing after a seven year old who loves the ocean more than should be allowed.


We all traded off our time with Alli, boogie boarding and swimming so that everyone got their down time reading and tanning.  I've finished my second book of the trip and Ryan's done with his first.  I did my usual beach chick lit and Ryan read a Star Wars book.

Tata and Alli boogie-ing
The old man and the sea

We headed up for lunch around 1PM so that Alli could watch Finding Nemo for the eighth time this trip and I could take a nap.  Something about the beach is making me sleepy around lunch time - it couldn't possibly be the cold adult beverages.

After a full day of beaching and swimming pools, we decided to head to my mom's absolute favorite eatery in Destin, Dewey Destin's.  Like I said on day one, it's a shack on the bay, but they have hands down the best seafood in Destin.  We did some driving around and then hit up Alvin's Island to get Alli some flippers.  I swear she's part mermaid...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!