Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Destin Diary: Vacation Day 2

Oh vacation diary, you surely are a labor of love.  As I write this, I am sleepily snuggled up in my bed, ready to rest up from a very long day of vacation bliss.  My eyes are half closed and my brain is fried, but I know I need to get this all done before I replace it with another day of more of the same.


We spent most of the day on the beach, of course.  Alli spent a lot of time boogie boarding and playing in the surf while we grown-ups traded time laying out, reading, and out in the ocean ourselves.  One of my favorite things to do is boogie board, and the waves had just kicked up enough in the early afternoon to make it worth getting out there.

How much do I love this hat?  This much.



Once we all got in from the beach, we headed down to the HarborWalk to eat at AJ's.  We've never been there before, so it was a great chance to try a new place.  Most of the places down here are pretty standard fare - fried fish baskets, fruity drinks with clever names, and "world famous" t-shirts.  AJ's was no different, but my she crab bisque and seafood pasta were especially delicious.  The pasta had sundried tomatoes, a personal favorite, so I was in heaven.  The restaurant overlooks the harbor so we got to see lots of boats arriving and the sunset cruises boarding.

After AJ's, we headed out into the HarborWalk Village to hit up the shops.  Mom, Lindsey, and I went last night, but the rest of the family wanted to wander.  There's so much to see and do, I don't think we'd have a problem spending several evenings there!  Alli and Buddy did a bungee bouncing thing.  Alli bounced extremely high and refused to flip.  She giggled most of the time, but when she got quiet and pale, I was afraid we might have a puker on our hands.  However, as soon as they brought her down, she got color back in her cheeks and asked to go again.  John Patrick actually did flips thanks to our insistent encouragement (I believe my mom has a video of us screaming "FLIP!!! FLIP!!  NOW FLIP AGAIN!!!!").


Ryan snuck away at some point to go get the pink crab painting by Don Sawyer that I spied last night.  I am so excited about it!!  I have no idea where I am going to hang it, but I can't wait to get it home.  Or maybe I can wait because that will mean I have to go home, and I've only just begun this adventure.


After HarborWalking, we dropped Mom and Dad off at the condo and Lindsey, John, Alli, Ryan and I split for The Track, a go kart/bumper boat/video game feast for people like us.  Everyone except me did the bumper boats (and got soaked, may I add) then we all had a great time in the bumper cars.  Alli drove a go kart all by herself, and Lindsey and I appeared to be in last place on go karts.  I really could have used a blue spiky turtle shell or a turbo boost, because if that had been Mario Kart, I would have been toast.



As you can see, today was crazy busy, and tomorrow is looking packed as well.  Ahh vacation...

They asked me to be in Blue Crush, but I decided to go to college...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!